Volkswagen at the IAA 2021 – and G+B was responsible for the complete video and sound technology as a technical service provider. In addition, we were able to implement the world premiere including press conference as a hybrid event with live streaming on the first day of the event.
In absolute terms, this means:
- 1,200 m² of stand space
- Over 240 m² LED surface
- 13 km video cabling
- 1.5 km of power cabling
- 2 km audio cabling
- Approx. 320 KW total power
- Up to 44 people on site at the same time during the exhibition run
- 645 man-days for the entire production
- 1 newsroom studio with 3 cameras
- A total of 6 additional cameras for the PK and world premiere
- 8 weeks lead time with planning
- Total production time was 4 weeks from the first step in to the last step out of the exhibition hall in Munich.
- Approx. 750 GB of content for LED walls, split across 13 media servers
- The material fit into four 40-ton trucks and four 7.5-ton trucks
Our client’s booth was special to us, in addition to its sheer size at 1,200 square feet, because of its appearance and perfect adaptation to current conditions. He looked modern, was open, transparent and colorful kept and thus clearly stood out from the other exhibitors.
VW reacted to the special requirements due to the pandemic with a practicable solution with entrance controls and separate exits.
We particularly liked the fact that we were able to react perfectly to the short-term adjustments thanks to the great support from our nationwide G+B teams and implement all customer requests promptly.